Saturday, November 12, 2011

in her head



her aura is opaque
Spring green eyes, a trademark
the passive frown she holds
claims all takers

after three weeks in therapy
her answers are getting vague
apparently
or perhaps it's the questions
lulling her into lies

I saw her in the hall today
this corridor of shame
where a head held high threatens 
and somehow a smile, confesses truth

I asked if she felt like smoking with me
you know, outside
where light has a color
and sounds refute sterility
but she couldn't answer right then
as the first pill of the day had her

in my ignorance, I smiled and said
nothing, yet she had heard enough
from me

and I watched her pass
washing the walls with her palms
each tile an important tone
a texture only she could feel

I wanted her to turn back
but my role call was next
and I had a story to design
for the smiles that love to listen
between coffee breaks and paperwork


rd102410

6 comments:

  1. nice story telling...interesting use of the white space as well...i felt a bit sad that she was that sedated honestly...yikes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Brian...the hold keeps 'em quiet and "they" like it that way

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. heck..you're back with your awesome writing d. - this is a tough story..shivers at the end for those, who don't really think they're people, just stories between their daily routine..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Brian.. you paint such a vivid picture of her and the :blank space" she inhabits, makes me want to rescue her..

    a very fine piece of Po!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening